Thank you for your business. Now that you have your fresh new tattoo, you want to take good care of it! From this point on, your artist is not responsible for any infection or problems you may have with your tattoo if you don’t take proper care of it. It is very important you follow these guidelines:
- After 3 hours, gently remove the bandage and wash with warm water and mild anti-bacterial soap. DO NOT REBANDAGE
- Apply a thin layer of fragrance-free lotion like Lubriderm, Aveeno, or Curel until your skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition. Do not use Neosporin.
- Stay out of direct sunlight and tanning beds for two weeks or until your tattoo is healed.
- Do not soak your tattoo in the bath, jacuzzi, or go swimming while your tattoo is healing. Showers are fine.
- Do not pick at your healing tattoo- loss of color and/or infection could occur.
- Sun exposure to your tattoo over the years will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using sunscreen AFTER your tattoo is healed.
Your tattoo should be healed in 2-3 weeks. Please contact your tattoo artist if you have any questions about the healing process. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms such as green/yellow & foul smelling discharge, persistent redness, or fever occur. Common sense, patience and cleanliness are key.